Children aged 5 to 11 can receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine from 10 January 2022. They will receive a smaller dose of vaccine created specifically for their age group.
By vaccinating your children, you can:
- Reduce the spread of COVID-19
- Protect them from getting sick from COVID-19
- Keep schools open, so children can have more face-to-face learning and playtime with their friends.
How to book an appointment
You can now book vaccination appointments for children at state vaccination centres including at Sandown Racecourse and Cranbourne Turf Club vaccination centres. To do so, please or call the Coronavirus Hotline on between 8am and 8pm, 7 days a week.
The recommended schedule for vaccination in this age group is 2 doses, 8 weeks apart. The interval can be shortened to a minimum of 3 weeks in special circumstances. For example:
- as part of an outbreak response
- before the start of significant immunosuppression, or
- before international travel.
A reminder that if you have any symptoms, please get tested, isolate and wait to receive a negative result before attending a vaccination clinic. For the latest information on getting tested for COVID-19, please visit the Victorian Government’s Where to get tested webpage.
For COVID-19 vaccination and testing pathway options for people with a disability, please visit our Information for people with a disability webpage.