If you are aged 18 years or over and you had your second dose 3 or more months ago, you are due for your third dose now. To support the community get their third dose, Monash Health will be offering walk-in vaccinations at select clinics.
As of 19 January 2022, you are eligible for a COVID-19 third dose if you meet the following criteria:
- You are 18 years of age or older, and;
- You had your second dose of your primary course of COVID-19 vaccine 3 or more months ago.
This is a change from the previous four-month interval.
ATAGI also recommends people who are severely immunocompromised receive a fourth dose of vaccine 3 months after their third primary dose. This ensures people with suppressed immunity have the same level of protection against COVID-19 as the general population.
A third dose is strongly recommended, as it helps prevent waning immunity (loss of protection) against COVID-19. A third dose increases your protection against:
- infection with the virus that causes COVID-19
- severe disease
- dying from COVID-19.
To support everyone eligible get their third dose and increase their protection against COVID-19, walk-in appointments (no booking required) will be available this weekend at the Sandown Racecourse Vaccination Centre. In addition, Monash Health’s Dandenong Plaza Vaccination Clinic continues to offer walk-in vaccination appointments every day of the week. Details are below:
Sandown Racecourse Vaccination Centre
Address: 591-659 Princes Hwy, Springvale
Walk-in appointments available: 9:00am to 6:00pm, Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 January – lines may close earlier due to demand.
Bookings: 9:00am to 5:00pm, seven days a week. Available online or calling 1800 675 398.
- Nearest train station: Sandown Park (pedestrian access only from train station)
- Nearest bus stop: Princes Highway/Racecourse Drive (route 800)
- By car: Entry via Princes Highway only
- Free parking on-site with priority parking available
Dandenong Plaza Pop-up Vaccination Clinic
Address: Level 3 (next to Aldi), Dandenong Plaza, 23-55 McCrae Street, Dandenong
Walk-in appointments available: 9:00am to 4:00pm, seven days a week – lines may close earlier due to demand.
Bookings: Not required, walk-ins only
- Train to Dandenong Station
- Bus interchange and stops on Clow Street
- Parking at Dandenong Plaza