As we have always done with the COVID-19 Vaccination Program, Monash Health responds to the needs of the community.
This includes the needs and demand for vaccination and protection against COVID-19 and ensuring equitable supply and access to the vaccine.
Monash Health’s efforts to administer around 1 million COVID-19 vaccines has supported over 90% of those eligible in the community to be vaccinated and protected against COVID-19. As a result, we continue to see a natural decrease in the demand for vaccinations both in Monash Health’s vaccination clinics and across Victoria.
This decrease in demand means that currently only 10%, and falling, of our vaccination capacity across our clinics is being utilised.
We continue to see primary care, being GPs and pharmacies, become the primary providers of COVID-19 vaccinations, ensuring there is local access and supply.
For these reasons, Monash Health will make the following changes to its COVID-19 vaccination clinics over the coming weeks:
- Progressively from 18 April – vaccination clinics to offer Pfizer and Paediatric Pfizer vaccines only
- Week commencing 25 April – all clinics to operate 5 days per week (hours available here)
- 29 April – close Monash Medical Centre COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic
- 14 May* – close Dandenong Plaza COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic
- 14 May* – close Cranbourne COVID-19 Mass Vaccination Centre
*Subject to change
As we scale down our vaccination clinics, there will continue to be free and local access to the COVID-19 vaccine for everyone aged 5 years and older through remaining clinics such as Sandown Racecourse (walk-ins and bookings accepted), mobile vaccination clinics, and the large network of GPs and pharmacies.
To find your nearest and earliest COVID-19 vaccination appointment, please use the Vaccine Clinic Finder: covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au/booking/