Happy holidays from Monash Health’s South East Public Health Unit!
The festive season is a chance for us all to see our family and friends. However, with COVID-19 cases continuing to rise in the community, it’s important we do our best to remain COVIDSafe to protect each other and help stop the spread of COVID-19, especially with the new Omicron variant.
Here are some tips to help you have a happy and safe holiday season:
1. Vaccination: COVID-19 vaccines are free, safe and help protect ourselves, our families and our community. If it’s been 5 months since your second COVID-19 vaccination, you’re eligible for your booster vaccine. Click here to book your vaccination appointment.
2. Get tested: If you have even the mildest of symptoms, get tested and self-isolate until you get your results. Click here to find your nearest testing clinic and open hours.
If you’re a contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID, please follow the Checklist for COVID contacts.
3. Wear a mask: As of 24 Decemeber, masks are required to be worn in indoor settings in Victoria.
4. Enjoy outside: Enjoy the summer weather by having your gatherings at an outdoor venue. The risk of COVID-19 spreading outdoors is 20 times lower than indoors. You can learn more about COVIDSafe gatherings here.
5. Sharing is not always caring: Where possible, don’t share utensils or drinks with others to reduce the risk of potential COVID-19 transmission.
6. Tested positive? Take care of yourself and alert others: If you test positive for COVID-19, it’s important you make sure you’re safe and supported, and to alert your close contacts. For a guide of what to do, please visit the Checklist for COVID cases.
7. Stay up-to-date: For the latest COVID-19 information visit www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au